|Product name||Senna leaves|
|Place of Orgin||Vietnam|
|Payment||TT or LC at sight 100%|
|Delivery||20 days after signed sales contact|
|0.5 kg||zipper bag, seal bag, plastic bag,|
|1 kg||zipper bag, seal bag, plastic bag|
|5 kg||zipper bag, seal bag, plastic bag|
|10 kg||zipper bag, seal bag, plastic bag inside cartoon box or jute bag|
|25 kg||zipper bag, seal bag, plastic bag inside cartoon box or jute bag|
|Other packing||as customer require|
What is Senna Leaf?
Senna is a shrub found in India, Pakistan, South China and elsewhere. Its name is derived from the Arabic word “sena,” and it has been used in ayurvedic and unani medicines since the ninth century. The shrub grows to a height of approximately two feet, with green stems and pods and yellow, scoop-shaped leaves.
The alternate leaves are even-pinnate, with four or five pairs of lanceolate or obovate leaflets that are brittle
and greyish green in colour. The small yellow flowers are characterised by five spreading clawed petals.
The fruit is in an oblong pod about 5cm long. The leaves and pods, or fruit, are used medicinally.
Functions of Senna Leaf:
1. Cathartic effect: senna infusion contains anthraquinone derivatives, its cathartic effect and irritation more than other laxatives.
2. Antibacterial inhibition: senna extract alcohol resistant variety of bacteria such as staphylococcus, diphtheria bacillus, typhoid bacillus, paratyphoid bacillus, and escherichia coli, the water extract useful only for Salmonella typhi.
3. Hemostasis: senna powder can increase platelet and fibrinogen, reduced clotting time, recalcification time, prothrombin time and blood clot contraction time, help to stop the bleeding
4. Muscle relaxation: senna can block acetylcholine at the motor nerve terminals and skeletal joints, so that muscle relaxation.
Applications of Senna Leaf:
1. Applied in food field, senna tea is widely used to treat constipation;
2. Applied in health product field, to be added into health products to relaxe the bowels;
3. Applied in pharmaceutical field, for the treatment of acute pancreatitis, bacillary dysentery and cholecystitis.